Officials asking for Rs 5000 bribe to help with Indira Awas, School certificate

My name is Upendra Burman. I am calling from Gondra village in Kotma thana of district Anuppur in Madhya Pradesh. I need a Karmakand certificate from my Panchayat for school admission of my child. I also need Indira Awas house as I do not have a house and live in someone else’s land. I am trying for it from 5 years but whenever I go to Sarpanch they say you bring Rs 5000 then only I can be helped with Indira Awas. Please help me. For more Upendra can be reached at 09575405017

Posted on: Dec 10, 2013. Tags: EDUCATION UPENDRA BURMAN

Recording a report on CGNet Swara

Search Reports »


Supported By »

Environics Trust
Gates Foundation
International Center for Journalists
IPS Media Foundation
MacArthur Foundation
UN Democracy Fund

Android App »

Click to Download

Post a Comment

To record your comment, please call and leave a message at +91-80500 68000. Recording your comment in audio format will ensure that it is accessible to all CGNet Swara users, most of whom lack Internet access and access the reports via phone.

This article has been made possible because of financial support from the IPS Media Foundation. If you are a journalist and would like to apply for financial support, you may apply at; however, please bear in mind that your application does not guarantee any financial support and is merely an expression of interest by you for financial support. Any financial support to be extended will be at the sole discretion of IPS Media Foundation.