Kanha displaced yet to get land deeds under Forest Rights act, Pls help...

My name is Panchhu Marawi. I am calling from Mandla district in Madhya Pradesh. My village was displaced from Kanha national park in 1977. Some families got land at that time as displacement package but others captured forest land and have been working on them from 1990s. They have filled application form under Forest Rights act and have paid bribe as advised by local forest officials but they are yet to get their land deeds. For more Marawi Ji can be reached at 09907283363

Posted on: Feb 21, 2013. Tags: FOREST LAND PANCHHU MARAWI

Recording a report on CGNet Swara

Search Reports »


Supported By »

Environics Trust
Gates Foundation
International Center for Journalists
IPS Media Foundation
MacArthur Foundation
UN Democracy Fund

Android App »

Click to Download

Post a Comment

To record your comment, please call and leave a message at +91-80500 68000. Recording your comment in audio format will ensure that it is accessible to all CGNet Swara users, most of whom lack Internet access and access the reports via phone.

This article has been made possible because of financial support from the IPS Media Foundation. If you are a journalist and would like to apply for financial support, you may apply at www.ipsmf.org; however, please bear in mind that your application does not guarantee any financial support and is merely an expression of interest by you for financial support. Any financial support to be extended will be at the sole discretion of IPS Media Foundation.