Forest Rights: No police action against illegal act of forest offcials, pls help...

My name is Jang Sai Koya. I am calling from Rajpur block in Chhattisgarh. We are very pained with the attitude of forest officials towards adivasis. Though Forest Act says if an adivasi has applied for forest land no action should be taken till the application is decided. But forest officials misbehaved with Mr ramchander who is living on forest land from 1991. A case has been registered but no action has been taken against the officials. You are requested to help. For more Koya Ji can be reached at 09753713232

Posted on: Sep 27, 2012. Tags: FOREST JANG SAI KOYA

Post a Comment

To record your comment, please call and leave a message at +91-80500 68000. Recording your comment in audio format will ensure that it is accessible to all CGNet Swara users, most of whom lack Internet access and access the reports via phone.

This article has been made possible because of financial support from the IPS Media Foundation. If you are a journalist and would like to apply for financial support, you may apply at; however, please bear in mind that your application does not guarantee any financial support and is merely an expression of interest by you for financial support. Any financial support to be extended will be at the sole discretion of IPS Media Foundation.